I believe I may have sewn more this summer than I have ever sewn before. You can blame it on the pregnancy insomnia if you want or the nesting, I’m sure that had something to do with it, but the truth is I am on a personal mission of my own. I promised myself that by the end of this year at least 90% of the children’s wardrobes would be handmade. (I am fighting fast fashion one garment at a time, but that’s a story for another day…) As far as Jane, Madeleine, and Kilian are concerned I have almost reached that percentage. The older boys are a bit harder to sew for, so that may be a bit of a lofty goal, but we’ll see. I plan on sharing each of their wardobes over time, and as I add to them… so what better place to start than with Jane’s! You can refer to my last post to see her wearing each item. Below are links to the patterns, fabric and accessories I used. (Some of the outfits I made without using a pattern… if you have any questions on those just ask and I’ll try my best to answer!)
handmade (to make)
bonnet pattern ( I cut a piece about 25″ x 1 1/4″ long and sewed it on as the binding and ties.)
Earlier this week the children and I were sorting through all of their little school supplies and getting them ready to start a few pre-school classes at home. We had everything we needed minus a pencil case for Madeleine. Of course no little girl should have to have her supplies in disarray, so this was immediately put at the top of my to-do list. (Quick little projects like this are my favorite kind!)
A little patchwork…
A small leather tag…
A few hand- stitches…
…and some really cute fabric makes the perfect combination for a little patchwork pencil case.
I originally had a few scraps picked out for the project, and then my awesome mail lady, with perfect timing, dropped off my bundle of Bloom and Bliss by Nadra Ridgeway. Nadra blogs over at Ellis and Higgs and her entire blog is bright, cheerful and full of so many fun projects and ideas. Her new fabric collection is nothing less!
This ended up being a really fun little project, and I just love how it turned out. I am planning on writing up a quick tutorial in the next week or two for anyone who may like to make their own.